Red Funnel Isle of Wight Literary Festival 2018 – Tickets are on sale for the Island’s annual event for book lovers
The 2018 Red Funnel Isle of Wight Literary Festival has just opened ticket sales for this year and popular sessions will be selling out fast.
The Red Funnel Isle of Wight Literary Festival – now in its 7th year – takes place from 11-14 October at Northwood House in Cowes. The event will welcome over 60 authors, presenters and literary figures in a festival that has something for all. Island residents can hear some of the very best UK authors and presenters live, choosing from a rich and varied programme.
- Terry Waite CBE opens the festival on Thursday afternoon talking about Creativity and Solitude referencing two of his latest books.
- Peter Snow and Ann Macmillan will be sharing from “War stories” the extraordinary tales of ordinary men and women
- Angela Levin will talk about her book “Harry: Conversations with a Prince”
Writers and presenters share their latest works includes fiction, history, travel, maritime adventure, gardening, science and politics. From first time novelists to seasoned historians – speakers passionate about their subject will share insights and information.
Local authors and speakers are a key part of the programme.
- Dominic Minghella will talk about developing a concept into a TV series.
- Alan Titchmarsh will introduce his latest novel – The Scarlet Nightingale, set in wartime London
- Brough Scott introduces his latest book “Churchill at the Gallop”
- Tim Wander will be describing how the IOW was fortified during WWII for communications and naval defence
- John Hannam will speak about his 40+ year project chronicling island personalities
- Felicity Fair Thompson will speak about the evacuation of a Devon town in advance of rehearsals for the D-Day landings
- Josh Barry will tell of his struggle to live a “normal” live despite having Cerebral Palsy as the result of complications at birth
For full details of the programme and online ticket bookings go to www.isleofwightliteraryfestival.com
Islanders should encourage friends and relatives to visit over the weekend to enjoy this unique IOW event. To support the Festival Red Funnel is providing festival goers with 20% off vehicle returns from Southampton to East Cowes bookable in advance and deals for foot passengers.
Victoria Orr Ewing – Programme Director, said: “Red Funnel has supported the festival from its start. We are delighted to be working with Red Funnel to bring talented speakers together to share their insights in a programme we hope will delight residents and visitors alike.”
About the Isle of Wight Literary Festival
The Isle of Wight Literary Festival and established event on the UK Arts calendar is now in its 7th year provides a far reaching eclectic programme designed to attract a wide audience and increase the cultural richness of the Isle of Wight. Hosted at Northwood House over 4 days over 60 writers and presenters talk about their latest works and insights. Sessions can be individually booked online and range in price from £5 to £12.
The festival is a not for profit organisations run a charity (IWLF Charity No. 1164814) relying on the generous support of sponsors, benefactors and friends, and staffed largely by volunteers. The festival has two patrons: Major General Sir Martin White KCVO, CB, CBE, JP HM Lord Lieutenant IOW and Nicholas Allan – author and illustrator patron of the Youth Programme and Alan Titchmarsh MBE DL, Michael Grade – The Lord Grade of Yarmouth CBE.
The Youth Programme was set up by the festival 4 years ago. It is comprised of the IWLF Schools Programme and the Youth Zone. The Schools Programme sends authors, illustrator and dramatists into the schools to enrich education for the under 18s on the Isle of Wight by increasing the cultural experiences available to stimulate interest in learning and creative ideas. A weekend of workshops, performances, exhibitions, pop up museums, and talks on a wide range of subjects feature in the Youth Zone, which will be held from 20th – 21st October at Northwood House, Cowes.
For more information please contact: email@example.com
t: 01983 295612
Isle of Wight Literary Festival, Northwood House, Ward Avenue, Cowes, Isle of Wight