Tickets on sale for the Youth Zone
Tickets are now on sale for the Youth Zone, an arts and activities festival for children of all ages. Set up by the festival 4 years ago this youth programme is designed to inspire and entertain children from 4 – 18.
This year, for the first time, the Red Funnel Isle of Wight Literary Festival’s Youth Zone will take place the weekend after the main festival at Northwood House in Cowes on 20-21 October 2018.
The event provides drama, magic, lots of hands-on workshops, some of the best local and national children’s authors and illustrators – and lots of fun!
- Rob Lloyd-Jones: Bestselling author and Egyptologist, Rob takes children on a journey on a real life treasure hunt that inspired his new novel, Jake Atlas
- Matt Brown: Radio and television broadcaster and award winning author, Matt’s newest book, Aliens Invaded My Talent Show! , includes aliens, talent shows and a whole lot of bonkers
- Ingreedies: Find out why corn pops in this interactive food sciences workshop from the creators of Around the World with the Ingreedies: A Taste Adventure
- Kieran Larwood: The Beasts of Grimheart is the eagerly anticipated third book in the Five Realm Series
- BOPO Book-Making Bonanza: Join the body positive revolution and create your own handmade book that celebrates diversity, creativity and Unique-body with author and coach, Bethan Christopher
- Slightly Bigger Red Riding Hood: A charming puppet show about Little Red Riding Hood and who she meets on the way to see Grandmother as told by The Sisters Grim, descendants of Grimaldi – the most famous clown of circus and stage
- Scrapbot Battles: Like Robot Wars only bots are Lo-Tech (sometimes No-Tech) made from reused, recycled or up cycled toys that wrestle “sumo style” until there’s one bot left with Huxley, the Isle of Wight’s award winning magician.
For full details of the programme and online ticket bookings go to www.isleofwightliteraryfestival.com/youth-zone. Tickets can also be purchased on the telephone box office (07510314180) on Mondays and Wednesdays, 17:00 to 18:00.
About the Isle of Wight Literary Festival
The Isle of Wight Literary Festival and established event on the UK Arts calendar is now in its 7th year provides a far reaching eclectic programme designed to attract a wide audience and increase the cultural richness of the Isle of Wight. Hosted at Northwood House over 4 days over 60 writers and presenters talk about their latest works and insights. Sessions can be individually booked online and range in price from £5 to £15.
The festival is a not for profit organisations run a charity (IWLF Charity No. 1164814) relying on the generous support of sponsors, benefactors and friends, and staffed largely by volunteers. The festival has two patrons: Major General Sir Martin White KCVO, CB, CBE, JP HM Lord Lieutenant IOW and Nicholas Allan – author and illustrator patron of the Youth Programme and two vice patrons: Alan Titchmarsh MBE DL, Michael Grade – The Lord Grade of Yarmouth CBE.
The Youth Programme was set up by the festival 4 years ago. It is comprised of the IWLF Schools Programme and the Youth Zone. The Schools Programme sends authors, illustrator and dramatists into the schools to enrich education for the under 18s on the Isle of Wight by increasing the cultural experiences available to stimulate interest in learning and creative ideas. A weekend of workshops, performances, exhibitions, pop up museums, and talks on a wide range of subjects feature in the Youth Zone, which will be held from 20th – 21st October at Northwood House, Cowes.
For more information please contact: Janet Allan email@example.com
t: 01983 295612
Isle of Wight Literary Festival, Northwood House, Ward Avenue, Cowes, Isle of Wight PO31 8AZ